Mack E6 parts on a Corvette race car???

mikePTH

Thanks for sharing story and pics. I think thats really interesting. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anything with a tip turbine or even access to one. I can only share a parts list from PAI . I'm not sure if this helps you at all. No big loss if it doesn't . 

It appears your looking for a Mack part # 314GB41C. Hopefully someone corrects me if i'm wrong.  A lot of parts that are no longer available at Mack/Volvo are still available at PAI .  

Good Luck . 

1580031002_E6intake1.thumb.jpeg.05e06bc3fedf70bb43c1eb2abb779295.jpeg

184766899_E6intake2.thumb.jpeg.8fe45d8de53929af9893303d3d297eb6.jpeg

Keith 

1 hour ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks for sharing story and pics. I think thats really interesting. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anything with a tip turbine or even access to one. I can only share a parts list from PAI . I'm not sure if this helps you at all. No big loss if it doesn't . 

It appears your looking for a Mack part # 314GB41C. Hopefully someone corrects me if i'm wrong.  A lot of parts that are no longer available at Mack/Volvo are still available at PAI .  

Good Luck . 

1580031002_E6intake1.thumb.jpeg.05e06bc3fedf70bb43c1eb2abb779295.jpeg

184766899_E6intake2.thumb.jpeg.8fe45d8de53929af9893303d3d297eb6.jpeg

This is great! That part number matches one I found in one of the notebooks, so I think that must be the one. PAI is a good tip, too, I'll give them a call and see what I can't scare up. As I said, I'll probably just build coolers, but having an original Mack part in hand makes it WAY easier to select cores, make end tanks, etc. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

I'll be sure to drop in with some progress updates, even though I have a few months of planning, sourcing, and analysis before any real exciting stuff happens. I'm going to finish tearing the chassis down completely starting next week, so at least I'll be turning wrenches! In the meantime, the owner of the other Chamberlain chassis sent me this picture (I need to copy the chassis behind the rear window, since our car was modified to run as a GTP car in 1982), which really gives an idea how outta control wild these cars were. the rear wheels are 15 inches in diameter, but 20" wide! Thing looks like funny car cartoon!

20180901_091742_-_Copy.jpg

• Like 1