MB steering wheel

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Well I prefer the stock wheels but those are definitely cool as well,,, if your looking for a smaller one .... bob

My 78 RL has a black wheel and it is different than the green, or beige wheel normally in R models. Bad shape with a few cracks in the spokes and rims.

Broke my left pinky knuckle in the wing vent frame on the truck I went with the smaller wheel in. Never had that problem with manual steering and really don't want to do that again.....

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

4 minutes ago, mowerman said:

That just sounds painful..... I smashed my thumb in between a congear and a hitch Tuesday morning... taking a while to heal I feel your pain ... bob

Think it was about two years before it really quite aching. I still remember hearing it "snap" as I was rolling the steering wheel to the right jockeying into a parking lot.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Think it was about two years before it really quite aching. I still remember hearing it "snap" as I was rolling the steering wheel to the right jockeying into a parking lot.

I think I had that problem a lotta years ago I smashed the same thumb And I could still feel discomfort in it for at least two years was using a pair of bolt cutters and smashed it between the handle and the cement floor.....bob