Ford Truck's F-MAX - Always A Winner

kscarbel2

2 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

If the Euro style cabover(cabs) had straight(flat) lines over the front axle they would look so much better IMO. Cab body lines as in the Mack MH or Freightliner Argosy.🙂

It's all about aerodynamics Jim. What we know today on aerodynamics......we didn't know in 1980 when the pencil hit the paper for the MH. In my mind, Ford's F-MAX is a terrific looking truck.

But even back in the 1980s when I first saw the MH I could see it'd spent some time in the wind tunnel- It was obvious that Mack "sweated the small stuff" in details like sealing off the gap between where the cab tilted away from the fixed bodywork so rouge air couldn't sneak through there. Compare most any Mack highway truck with it's contemporary competitors and Mack most always had the best aerodynamics.

4 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

But even back in the 1980s when I first saw the MH I could see it'd spent some time in the wind tunnel- It was obvious that Mack "sweated the small stuff" in details like sealing off the gap between where the cab tilted away from the fixed bodywork so rouge air couldn't sneak through there. Compare most any Mack highway truck with it's contemporary competitors and Mack most always had the best aerodynamics.

Yes, it did. And obviously so did the CA and CH.