EN-707A service information

FireMech307

I'd surely contact the museum. They'll be able to provide to you manuals that will tell you everything you need to know when working on the engine. I'd send you the info from my engine but mine is a 707B which one of the things they changed is the timing to make it a little more fuel efficient.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

CaptainCrutch, thank you for the response.  I did reach out to the museum so hopefully in a month or two I'll have some good information.  Does that 707B have dual distributors?  The issue we're having is that the distributors don't want to turn to be adjusted.  Maybe that's not the way to adjust the timing?

6 minutes ago, FireMech307 said:

CaptainCrutch, thank you for the response.  I did reach out to the museum so hopefully in a month or two I'll have some good information.  Does that 707B have dual distributors?  The issue we're having is that the distributors don't want to turn to be adjusted.  Maybe that's not the way to adjust the timing?

Correct, dual distributors, and I don’t think they twist to adjust like on a normal car...

I was talking to my dad who had messed with that stuff a long time ago, he told me you basically have to open up the distributors and adjust their linkages, and make sure they’re both exactly the same, in order to adjust the timing. Hope that helps a little more than earlier...

Still I’d get your manuals from the Mack Museum to tell you exactly how to adjust yours...