New Anthem- servicing questions

ButchB

Just picked up an 18 Anthem daycab with the mp8. I normally service my own trucks but this is my first mack. Is there anything out of the ordinary I need to do or look for when I service it? Does anyone have the baldwin filters part #'s for the oil and fuel filters? Will I have to prime the fuel system back up when I change the fuel filters? Thanks

Volvo tends to give their filters away. I pay $1 more for Volvo OEM oil filters than aftermarket NAPA. Fuel is more than aftermarket. I use Volvo OEM fuel filters for a combined total 40,000 hours and haven’t lost an injector, I had one fuel transfer pump fail. Oldest unit is 22,000 hours. You may want to price out OEM before you go Baldwin.

Edited by Mack Technician

The MP Common rail engines use different fuel filters than the previous MP engines. We only have 3 common rail engines trucks in a fleet of 25+ Mack’s . The previous fuel filter can be screwed onto a common rail fuel filter stand . Not very easily, but it can be done. Ask me how I know ? Lol