F 797 ST

eddeere

Received information from the Mack Museum today Almost 80 pages of build sheets. Sold to ATAC, Warren, Michigan Government Sales ordered 4/19/77 . The sheets show the S/N  of 1426 thru 1429 four must have been built  at the same time period. A number of time stamps on the sheets show dates of 6/21/77 thru 11/23/77. Painted Gray Gloss #16187 Fed. Std. #595. Upon completion of chassis shipped to Tuff-Kote, Maxatawny , PA.for rustproofing then to Phoenix Manufacturing for installation of local options including a pusher axle whatever that is all about. 18,000# front and two speed 44,000# rears. There is a lot of information here that I have yet to decipher. The Museum really included a lot of information which I am well pleased with. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, eddeere said:

Received information from the Mack Museum today Almost 80 pages of build sheets. Sold to ATAC, Warren, Michigan Government Sales ordered 4/19/77 . The sheets show the S/N  of 1426 thru 1429 four must have been built  at the same time period. A number of time stamps on the sheets show dates of 6/21/77 thru 11/23/77. Painted Gray Gloss #16187 Fed. Std. #595. Upon completion of chassis shipped to Tuff-Kote, Maxatawny , PA.for rustproofing then to Phoenix Manufacturing for installation of local options including a pusher axle whatever that is all about. 18,000# front and two speed 44,000# rears. There is a lot of information here that I have yet to decipher. The Museum really included a lot of information which I am well pleased with. 

Two speed 44,000# rears, must something other than a mack?    terry:MackLogo:

Allison auto HT750 DRD  Eaton 44DTC front rear  Eaton 44RTC  rear. Hendrickson RT440 54" Bogie axle spacing.Electric over air shift unit for two speed tandem axle 5.29/ 7.21 Ratio. 182 " WB with 267" platform with pintle  hook. Garrison power steering.Temp gauges for rear axles and trans. Engine ENT(B)866.145,000# CGVR . yet somewhere in the specs it is stated the rears were not rated for this much. 14/80x 20 18 ply front and 11x 20 16 ply rear.Has switch in the cab for a Hendrickson  fifth wheel which is missing and pages of other items which I am not sure about . With the long platform and fifth  wheel over the tandems not sure how the trailer would work. The two speed axle  concerns me what if one shifts and one does not.