Mack DM frame

fullfuel01

I fully understand the thinking behind keeping it original , that is always my goal on a restoration project. In the U.S. frame splicing is an accepted practice and perfectly legal. With that having been stated if a fabricator can not match the radius then I would have to find an alternative. I have found an R Model completely stripped of its power train and i would like to buy it just to acquire the frame rails but the price is too high and they aren't willing to negotiate.

28 minutes ago, Prowrench said:

I fully understand the thinking behind keeping it original , that is always my goal on a restoration project. In the U.S. frame splicing is an accepted practice and perfectly legal. With that having been stated if a fabricator can not match the radius then I would have to find an alternative. I have found an R Model completely stripped of its power train and i would like to buy it just to acquire the frame rails but the price is too high and they aren't willing to negotiate.

I'm not in a hurry so far since the truck is completely stripped down and I'm going to get the engine and the front axle redone. The rears and the most of soft skins are ready but all separate. As current option I have a second truck which is a sister to the one I took all the components off for the restoration. But it runs so far and I don't want to part it out at the time. Taking a complete truck apart is also a bunch of job which cost some money I would have to pay at least to my helpers. And the rails there aren't perfect too.

Another issue the truck has relatively long WB of 220" since it has a sleeper. And there's additional trouble/ I need the chassis with no VIN stamping since my truck doesn't have it and it marked in the paperwork. If I use stamped rail and grind if off that could be a big trouble even jail in theory.

All in all I would eager to pay something like a couple of grands for a pair of suitable rails taking to account it would cost nearly 1K to ship them to my place from New Jersey. But said above I doubt it would be an easy to do deal.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I came of age during the "COLD WAR" it sure is nice to communicate with you about a common interest, too bad all of the world leaders can't figure out the same, how wonderful the world would be if no money was spent on destroying each other but rather on medicine and science to help the people that need it and food for the hungry.

9 hours ago, Prowrench said:

I came of age during the "COLD WAR" it sure is nice to communicate with you about a common interest, too bad all of the world leaders can't figure out the same, how wonderful the world would be if no money was spent on destroying each other but rather on medicine and science to help the people that need it and food for the hungry.

Thank you for telling that.

On the other hand being at my age I started thinking there's something in a man's nature of that kind, just multiplied to the scale of milions people leading.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012