1975 RS700L DR side FT spring/Bumper brace

PaLawman

Anyone have one of these for sale. It is an aluminum brace for the front spring and bumper mount for the driver side. This one is cracked in two spots and I am unsure if a weld will hold and not break again. Please let me know. I have never seen an aluminum one, only steel.  

getPart?uid=ABLEvMQyPL96XLLSlQOpgBVroro&partId=2&saveAs=IMG_0138.jpg&scope=STANDARD

• 1 month later...

Sorry this picture is sideways but I am having problems loading pics onto the site anymore. But, This is the driver side front spring/bumper bracket for my RS700L. As you can see it is cracked. I have not removed it yet to see if I can have welded. But, once I remove it I may see about having it recast in steel not aluminum. So, if ANYONE has one please let me know or PM me. THANKS!!!!!

Amos.

Thanks!!!! Yeah I am not super techno savvy. I usually need my 15 year old son to help.. LOL.. I was at the Macungie show here in Pa looking at several RS700L's and each seemed to be different in some way or form. Not sure why the change was needed year to year other than the steering box changes. But, for the most part, most clear the steering box and a change would not be needed that bad or a spacer. Just knowing mine are aluminum makes me weary.. I asked Dave at Strickland's about one and he is checking for a match. 

If you can't find one, how about removing that one, having someone grind out the cracks and then weld it?  Might get you through for a long time if it's not getting beat up every day.  Patching it while on the truck will not fix it.

Looking back at the pictures, it almost looks broken in half right below that center bolt?  Might be worse then it looks.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 months later...