1995 RD 300hp

MaxPinJT

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and owning trucks also. I bought a 1995 Mack RD690 with a 300hp EM7 engine. It's machanical pump E7 engine and I'd like to turn it to a 350hp or maybe a bit more? How do you turn up the 300 to a 350? Is it just injectors or it's way more than that like a pump injectors and a turbo? 

Thanks for any help given. 

14 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

What transmission does it have?

This question is important! That being said!  All the above comments are true you should leave well enough alone and be happy! Your engine is reliable as is and will make you a big bag of money if you just work it! Its not a Race out there, its just Get the job Done, at the end of the day, they pay you to get the load from A to B! JOE H Made the right comment ! You could possible  tweak the pump if its not  VMAC Yes!  The Big Question is However is it worth it! 

• Thanks 1

The trans is a 2070 seven speed. 

I just would like the engine to pull harder. I drove a 94 back in the early 2000's and it would pull real good with an easton fuller 8LL in it. It would make 24lbs of boost and the stack temp never went up over 900. I'm just hopping I can make this engine pull like that 94 did?

The engine is an all manual pump engine with a ReMack pump in it from Mack only a few thousand miles ago. But the pump was put in a couple years ago by the guy I bought it from who used the truck only a little bit. The engine has 24000 plus hours on it, mostly idle time 139000 miles. 

6 hours ago, MaxPinJT said:

The trans is a 2070 seven speed. 

I just would like the engine to pull harder. I drove a 94 back in the early 2000's and it would pull real good with an easton fuller 8LL in it. It would make 24lbs of boost and the stack temp never went up over 900. I'm just hopping I can make this engine pull like that 94 did?

That's a wide ratio transmission that won't work with the narrower powerband of a 350.

7 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

That's a wide ratio transmission that won't work with the narrower powerband of a 350.

He's wondering about just juicing up his maxidyne to make it like a 350hp maxidyne, not changing to a different fuel pump.