2001 ch613 pre purchase

NIDE9

Question

So I am really considering buying a 201 ch613. The truck has just under 400,00 and the E7 350 runs good. It has an eaton 10speed. I know these years had bad cams. Is there a way to find out through a dealer if any cam work has been done. Also the truck has no jake brake. I plan on doing flat bed work with this truck. The price is good, and am willing to put a jake brake on it. I am not familiar with electronic engines, but I have read that this E7 is pretty reliable.. The vin Is 1m1aa13y81w136240. Any advice would be great!!!!!!  

https://spokane.craigslist.org/hvo/d/coeur-alene-2001-mack-reduced-for-quick/6828008534.html

Thanks Greg

6 answers to this question

This truck has the first generation ETECH engine and is a 355/380 Hp with 1560 foot pounds of torque. Eaton rears with4.11 gears. And the smaller fuller 10 speed trans. Built on 6/7/2000. The Mack warranty data base purged all the old warranty records on this truck and pretty much all Mack’s with a grey motor. I would be shocked if it has the original camshaft in it . 

Thanks for all your responses. The truck has been pulling a belly dump. The hr meter reads pretty high for the miles. Should I be concerned. Also the No engine brake worries me a bit. I really like the truck, but those two things are holding me up.. I plan on using it for flat bed work in the north west, ID, MT, Wa,.. WE HAVE MOUNTAINS!!!!  YIKES!

On 3/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, NIDE9 said:

Thanks for all your responses. The truck has been pulling a belly dump. The hr meter reads pretty high for the miles. Should I be concerned. Also the No engine brake worries me a bit. I really like the truck, but those two things are holding me up.. I plan on using it for flat bed work in the north west, ID, MT, Wa,.. WE HAVE MOUNTAINS!!!!  YIKES!

You can always put an engine brake on. What are the hours? I have a 95 e7 with 18,600 hours and 250k miles. Hours don't scare me one bit. If something breaks I'm going to fix it. If an engines gonna break it's gonna break. Its what moving things do, and its part of the costs of running a business.