2]01 rd acc. relay question

Moparmike

Ok I replaced the relay and didn't have a problem for a little while but it shuts down every now and then..I check the railway when it shut down and its warm not hot just different from the other 3 so I'm thinking of putting in a 100amp relay and replacing the 70amp or even just putting the solenoid like other models have ..what's your thoughts..thanks guys

I think it will be a lot of Farting around to change to the big relay! ! I would buy one more relay and start by changing it out one at a time with the relays in that group. tryng it for a couple of days at a time till you have tried going thru the all of them! Also Is it possible you have a bad ignition switch?

1 hour ago, fjh said:

I think it will be a lot of Farting around to change to the big relay! ! I would buy one more relay and start by changing it out one at a time with the relays in that group. tryng it for a couple of days at a time till you have tried going thru the all of them! Also Is it possible you have a bad ignition switch?

Never thought about switch ..it goes days no problem then shut down and fires right back up no issues after that ..but will look into that

50 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Better chance the relays are not the issue. Did you clean and check the chassis grounds. 

No I didn't but will get right on it cause the truck is doing  a great job since the inframe..time to go back in for a overhead check I'm on about 3 4 thousand miles now no smoke great power comfortable truck just working on the little stuff now ..thanks guys

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup good call Tech ! The grounds and connections at the block and  starter are a good place to go as those could have weakened that first relay to start with !👍

Somewhere I have (and you'll remember) the 9 page Service Bulletin Mack wrote during those years. A page by page on restoring chassis ground/distribution connections. Probably a garbage can full of star washers left the back door of the dealership.