Mp7 no fuel to head

steeler

I've got a 2011 mp7 that we replaced the engine with a reman due to gear train failure. Trying to start the engine for the first time and I'm getting no fuel to the head. Weird thing is I've got 97 pounds of fuel pressure, engine will start, stumble around on maybe 3 cylinders then die.

Now if I pump the hand primer, fuel will flow backwards, into the head from the front, nothing going in from the rear.

All the fuel lines are routed correctly. Could a stuck check valve cause this? I know there are several in the filter head.

Edited by steeler

Update......found the problem. The fuel line that goes from filter head to engine had a brass T fitting in it with a small line running to the after treatment fuel pump. I replaced the line with a new one and they didn't drill all the way thru the fitting. Parts defect. Sure is aggravating!

• Like 1

Thanks Steeler for posting your fix! Yup horribly frustrating!  We just did an engine brake valve on an MR same issue Faulty out of the box!  Engine would start then die when the oil pressure came  up! leaves you wondering where you went wrong! and it even worse when you got to take the truck half apart to get to said part!

On 1/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, steeler said:

Update......found the problem. The fuel line that goes from filter head to engine had a brass T fitting in it with a small line running to the after treatment fuel pump. I replaced the line with a new one and they didn't drill all the way thru the fitting. Parts defect. Sure is aggravating!

Good find!

7 hours ago, Macktech689 said:

New VCB control valves have done that for years, every time one is replaced the solenoid should be removed from the housing and checked to see if it is stuck, saves a lot of time. The valves work fine after they are freed up.

Yes But Out THE box? Sorry  But I don't believe ,I /we should have to take a" new" out of the box valve apart to make the son of a bitch work!

Just sayin!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, fjh said:

Yes But Out THE box? Sorry  But I don't believe ,I /we should have to take a" new" out of the box valve apart to make the son of a bitch work!

Just sayin!

I totally agree but the reality is they sometimes get stuck during storage. I got burned by 1 in 2008 and have been checking them first since then. About half have been OK and the rest were stuck, only takes a minute to check the spool in the valve. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I Spouse! Ain't right thou, BS !  can't be checking everything they send us! In this case its an easy check sure!

We been lock tighting the bolts on the reman diffs as of late Because we have so much trouble with the Single bolt coming loose on the Clamp plate!

If a new part has to be repaired,  the customer should pay for a used part, not full price. But we all know that isn’t going to happen.   I’ve always sent them back.  

But then again,  the customer is probably losing more money with the added down time on waiting for a new part to show up.

Good to know Macktech689.  Thanks 

This crap is just ridiculous. In my case, I spent probably 4 hours diagnosing, checking, rechecking, because a freaking brand new fuel line wasn't manufactured properly. Plus the time to change it, which is a bit of a pain in the ass on a nasty leu garbage truck. And that's time you really aren't getting paid for.

3 hours ago, steeler said:

This crap is just ridiculous. In my case, I spent probably 4 hours diagnosing, checking, rechecking, because a freaking brand new fuel line wasn't manufactured properly. Plus the time to change it, which is a bit of a pain in the ass on a nasty leu garbage truck. And that's time you really aren't getting paid for.

Open a new work order for the Parts repair send it to Mack see how it goes! Never know you might get something out of it Year warranty on parts HA HA! same with the brake valve we just did R and R  coolant remove hoses and pipes bla bla bla! 2 hr turn around for a dollarstore valve ! Could of Spent more hours chasing on that too however I Heard the sound before Ran in to it before on an MP10  It Took a little convincing,  how ever the guy that was doing the job finally thought it thru , because  he was all set to start checking wiring again and we had already been all thru that!