MP8 Crankcase breather/difuser

jwmcgregor

Anyone know if i can delete this component?  I suspect the crankcase pressure is somewhat regulated by the resistance required to spin the diffuser.  Can I hose the valve cover vent to atmosphere and put a plate over the hole in the block where the diffuser mounts?

Thanks!

I am  not Sure ! However  ! Be aware that crank case pressure is monitored by the ecm I wouldn't be surprised if it throws a code for it if it is removed!  

Just Sayin!  Also Its one of the better Ideas of the engine design !  Don't know why you want to delete it ,there is so much other stuff I  personally would gladly see gone  ! 😡

As Fjh said,it’s tied ties to the crank case pressure sensor and I know it will set a fault code if the inlet pipe is not hooked to the CCV filter on a 13 year model and up. On the older trucks I don’t know. The part number for the O-ring kit is 21475236. This is for the MP8 and does not include the mounting o-ring.