Dual fuel tanks on Mack granite with mp7

RobM626

What’s up guys? I have 2 fuel tanks On my 08 granite with mp7. Driver has gotten lazy when fueling up and is only filling driver side tank 90% of the time and 2 times in the past 2 weeks the passenger side tank has run dry. The truck shut off both times and I had to fuel passenger side tank and re-prime fuel system to get it running again. I guess my question is does the fuel not equalize between both tanks? I told him to fill both tanks but he thinks he knows better than me and replies “but I never used to have to fill both. This never used to happen”. 

Is there a transfer pump between the tanks that could be bad?

Yea tell me about it... this isn’t the first thing that’s happened after specific instructions to do or not do something... and then he calls me like “this or that just happened, I don’t know why, something is wrong with the truck”

i would be too scared or embarrassed to call my boss if something happened that he specifically told me to do or not to do. I would be walking my ass to a gas station and buying a fuel can and fuel with my own money just so he didn’t find out I was screwing up the day or the truck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, keg1 said:

My caps were vented to. I put a new one on it and didn't have any more problems. I cleaned the old caps good and used them on one of my r models

Cracked the caps open like you said and fuel equalized. Thanks, appreciate the advice... I personally never had a problem because I always put 80-85% in each tank. But I can’t stay on everyone’s ass with simple things such as fuel

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RobM626 said:

Cracked the caps open like you said and fuel equalized. Thanks, appreciate the advice... I personally never had a problem because I always put 80-85% in each tank. But I can’t stay on everyone’s ass with simple things such as fuel

So you need to clean or check the vents you not a good idea to  run around with  the caps loose! 😁

On 12/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, fjh said:

So you need to clean or check the vents you not a good idea to  run around with  the caps loose! 😁

Yea I know I just loosen Ed them at the yard and tightened back up... I’m gonna grab new ones. Thank you