Intake Hose

rustydog

Hey Rusty,

Best thing to do is buy the hose, if need be flair the ends. Make sure to put clamps or nuts on first. Use some of that fro ingenuity. Keep us posted.

mike :mack1:

Mike, I got a price of around $50./per foot for 4" hose; which prompted me to ask here if there's any cheaper way around it. Thanks

4" schedule 40 plastic sewer pipe works good too. You just cut it and glue on whatever elbows you need to get it to fit, then connect it at each end with a short rubber boot and hose clamps.

Of course it won't look original, but it does get the job done.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

4" schedule 40 plastic sewer pipe works good too. You just cut it and glue on whatever elbows you need to get it to fit, then connect it at each end with a short rubber boot and hose clamps.

Of course it won't look original, but it does get the job done.

Thanks Herb, I was hoping somebody would tell me that would do the job!! (for now anyway)

You may need a 90 degree in that hose. So you may want to consider a 90 degree exhaust elbow. Then all you need is short sections of hose and clamps for the connections. The steel pipe will look good and handle the under hood heat for ever.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck.......I used PVC and hose connections for now. But the exaust fitting will be the next step, (summertime) unless I find the original replacement.

Rusty

DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR REPLACING 4" AIR INTAKE HOSE, (FROM MANIFOLD, TO FIREWALL), HAVING TROUBLE LOCATING ITEM. FOR 59 B61. THX, RUSTY

I used a little lateral thinking in my B61 and used 4" SCAT/SCEET aircraft hose.

It's fairly cheap, can tolerate heat and is reinforced and flexible.

What more could a man want??? (well..........)

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck