2004 Mack Granite Frame

JoeH

Question

Can anyone tell me if a 2004 Mack Granite double frame triaxle splays out around the engine and transmission like the older R models? PG Adams can make new frames, but they can't splay the frame out. They can only do straight rails and depending on dimensions, a "drop belly".

Granite we're looking at buying is 45 minutes away, and about 8 inches behind the cab the left inner and outer rails have a 4-10 inch horizontal crack at the top bend of the sidewall.

3 answers to this question

maybe you should get the coveralls and get under neath it and see ,because if it is a splayed frame and you have two or more feet of good frame you can cut it off and go new double frame back from there. Besides  45 min ride is nothing ,unless you are walking a crane home 

Front of the dump body had a pressure point sitting on the top flange, the rubber pad on the dump body is a little thicker there for some dumb reason. Not operator error, body builder error.... no engine codes, drives and shifts great. Good truck apart for this crack... rebuilt engine... my dad and I have a reputation for taking "junk" and getting decades out of them. Just gotta do our due diligence before making decisions.