Sign in to follow this  
bluebonnet

Battery tender possible on 58 B-61 ?

Don't use my truck very often during the winter months. It has four 6 volt batteries. negative ground. Is it possible to attach battery tender, if so would like some instructions on how to do it. I start the truck through out the winter using the block heater.

Victor

Are the batteries wired together to make (2) 12 volt batteries?  If so, connect the 12 volt Tender to charge the two batteries together.  After a couple of weeks switch to the other set of 2 or buy a second Tender.

Tender makes a 6 volt version if you want to maintain separately.

Tenders work well and you can check out their connections info on the link.

https://www.batterytender.com/Connecting-Chargers

• Like 1

Thanks, will get another tender for the other side. this is very good information.

Victor

I have used one for years on tractors, trucks, land mowers , and anything , that has a 12 volt battery . I just switch them to something else when they show a full charge .