Checking charge air leak

What’s the easiest way to check for leak on a e-7 seems there is a squeal that I can change with the pedal.  Need to put boost guage on it. It’s the 355/380 several said it would stay with my 96 model with a 400 but not even close.  Just wander if I’m loosing boost pressure????

Our shop has a tool to cap off one side of the cooler and put pressure on the other, but you can idle the engine up to around 1500 and spray around it with soapy water and detect leaks. Do that at hose connections, intake manifold gaskets, everywhere. And don't forget the air compressor intake hoses and pipe, they are boosted as well.

I found my intake leak with a homemade pressure tester.  3inch PVC with a 3inch PVC cap. Drill a hole in the cap, use a Male and female air fitting- where as the Male and female are the ends that thread into/onto an airtool.  Then just use a pressure regulator in-line between the air source and the pressure tester.  You only need a couple psi of air to find the leak, you may have to bump the engine over to close your valaves. 

• Like 1