2000 rd a.c. help

Ok guys went had both my dumps rd688s and rd690 a.c. service 688s blows but not the best 690 does not blow cold at all..both was charged and checked by a shop so I'm thinking that the units are dirty and need cleaning from dust and whatever else..so my question is where do I start and what do I need to remove. To clean the evaporator coil..

PUll the faceplates off from the heater assemblies. You will see both heater core, and a/c evaporator in there. It's usually best and easiest to do a good job if you remove the heater core from the housing to give free access to the area. I take a garden hose and shop vac and wash them clean from inside the truck. Use a bunch of towels but be sure to tell your wife or girlfriend first as they get a little "pissy" seeing all those wet and dirty towels in the wash covered in dirt.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

PUll the faceplates off from the heater assemblies. You will see both heater core, and a/c evaporator in there. It's usually best and easiest to do a good job if you remove the heater core from the housing to give free access to the area. I take a garden hose and shop vac and wash them clean from inside the truck. Use a bunch of towels but be sure to tell your wife or girlfriend first as they get a little "pissy" seeing all those wet and dirty towels in the wash covered in dirt.

sounds like experience

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

9 minutes ago, hatcity said:

sounds like experience

never touched one in my life but you KNOW whom I'm married to.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 years later...
On 4/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, Rob said:

It's usually best and easiest to do a good job if you remove the heater core from the housing to give free access to the area. 

can you explain how to remove the heater core? I’m trying to remove mine since mine is super clogged with dirt want to replace it but I can’t get the old one out I already disconnected the hoses from the back and I don’t see any bolts holding it on I don’t know if I missed a bolt but it doesn’t want to come out