Air compressor

RobM626

I hey guys. I just switched out my air compressor today because I was getting a lot of oil in my air tanks. I swapped compressor, air dryer, and governor. It’s working nice, only problem is that it used to cut off at 130 psi and now it’s going straight to 150 before it purged and builds to 150. Did I do something wrong? Is there an adjustment that I can make to go back to 130?

1 minute ago, RobM626 said:

I hey guys. I just switched out my air compressor today because I was getting a lot of oil in my air tanks. I swapped compressor, air dryer, and governor. It’s working nice, only problem is that it used to cut off at 130 psi and now it’s going straight to 150 before it purged and builds to 150. Did I do something wrong? Is there an adjustment that I can make to go back to 130?

Air governor should have a rubber cap on one end,remove and loosen lock nut and turn screw in or out to adjust cut in and cut out setting.    terry

Got it down to 130ish. Took a little playing around but got it... I should’ve bought a Bendix governor when I was getting compressor and dryer but I bought some after market one from new star or something like that... the adjustment screw won’t turn with a screw driver I had to use pliers. Cheap junk