how i polish rims when they get in pretty rough shape

Ezrider

3 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

The wheels on my steering I started with 180 grit on the da sander.     Your right  It makes them alot easier to keep clean when they're smoothe.  

yeah iv gone as low as 80 grit on a old dual rim that was going to end up on a steer, only problem with dropping that low is you have to take a few steps up from there in sanding before you can move up to buffing. where 320 as long as your using a pad/compound that is going to cut hard you can go straight to buffing. if your goal is a mirror Finnish though id probably go to 800 or higher before moving to buffing. 

once they get past a certain point though your get your end results faster by sanding first than trying to do it all with buffing. 

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Good job man..... and I’d like to “go where the climate suits my clothes” (Appropriate theme).

me too lol. this winter just doesn't want to seem to quit, someone cursed the other day and told me more of the four letter s word was coming this weekend. 

song was recorded by my dad using multi track recording so each interment and vocals are all being played by him. 

Edited by Ezrider
  • Like 1