Truck insurance

RobM626

Hey guys I’m shopping around for truck insurance and was wondering what companies you guys use? Or what reputable companies can I look at for quotes. Any providers that are good to do business with ? Any that I should stay away from? 

Started a new company and we’re getting raped right now. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I had Cincinnati Mutual for many years running salvage cars across the midwest. Always good service but really didn't need them much. Several "deer hits" and never a problem with fast, and fair claim service. Only one collision which was not my driver's fault and they really fought that one hard prevailing in the end as it didn't affect my rates.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I’m gonna check them out. I’ve had a mess lately with these new trucks. They’re volumetric mixers and the carry the materials to mix concrete on site but they were classified as concrete mixer on registration so we’re paying over 40,000 a year for 2 trucks. It’s insane. I just changed registration to say “dump” because it’s only carrying material. Hopefully that will change my rate but I still want to shop around because I think progressive is still going to be higher than other companies more dedicated to trucking

I can't answer for Progressive on the commercial side but from the automobile side, "Your" interest is NOT their interest. Used to be extremely difficult to get fair compensation from them for automobile collision work till I and two other shops started refusing their claims for repair.

Cincinnati Mutual is nationwide. Grinnel Mutual is another that is good but I don't know where all they write being based out of Iowa. Auto Owners wasn't too bad either but don't know what all they cover/offer.

Stay away from Safeco and  Allstate. Again, I've found "your" interest is not theirs. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

I can't answer for Progressive on the commercial side but from the automobile side, "Your" interest is NOT their interest. Used to be extremely difficult to get fair compensation from them for automobile collision work till I and two other shops started refusing their claims for repair.

Cincinnati Mutual is nationwide. Grinnel Mutual is another that is good but I don't know where all they write being based out of Iowa. Auto Owners wasn't too bad either but don't know what all they cover/offer.

Stay away from Safeco and  Allstate. Again, I've found "your" interest is not theirs. 

Thank you for the input... I don’t know why my partner chose progressive, with my experience the bigger auto insurers weren’t always the best option when it comes to truck/commercial. I have some phone calls to make 

My State Farm agent, Chan Chitwood of Greenwood SC 864-229-4450, writes a lot of commercial policys. Especially for small farm / construction outfits in the area. Not all State Farm agents are well versed in commercial so maybe Sharon of his office can recommend an agent in your area??

Brocky

7 hours ago, Brocky said:

My State Farm agent, Chan Chitwood of Greenwood SC 864-229-4450, writes a lot of commercial policys. Especially for small farm / construction outfits in the area. Not all State Farm agents are well versed in commercial so maybe Sharon of his office can recommend an agent in your area??

I went to a different agent yesterday. One that works with multiple carriers and he ran numbers for me all over with a few places and then was able to make changes on my policy that got me down to 24,000 a year for 2 trucks with 1 million dollar coverage. So I got a $16,000 a year savings. I’m happy for that. A few other companies that he ran numbers with were actually higher so I’m hoping the longer we’re in business it will go down some. The agent told us that some insurance companies don’t like to underwrite  policies for businesses younger than 1-3 years. So we will see what happens. 

Thanks for suggestions I will check those out as well