B-61 Oil Filter

Srays

I just got a 1964 B-61 with a END673c engine. Don't know which oil filter it takes. I have been reading older posts and they

say that if there are 3 oil lines on the bottom of the filter canister-2 bigger than the other one-it's a full flow/bypass type.

Mine only has two lines and both are the same size. Is this a full flow filter? I don't think this year engine had that type; but

I'm not sure. They said that the full flow cartridge would be NAPA #1233 and the full flow/bypass is #1030. Do you think

either of these would work and what's the difference between these two?

Thanks J. Hancock. My canister is right at 9 in. So I probably can use the 1030. I'll remove the cartridge and check for

any numbers and can always bring it over to NAPA for a closer match.

Edited by Srays

Different.  The 1233 cartridge is about 15" tall.  The 1030 is about 9" tall.

As a double check, I would open the oil canister and get the part number off the top of the cartridge that is in there now.  Who knows what someone did in the past.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, j hancock said:

As a double check, I would open the oil canister and get the part number off the top of the cartridge that is in there now.  Who knows what someone did in the past.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, j hancock said:

I've only had this truck a few weeks and was told it had an END673c engine. It may have come from the factory with that

but I now know it has an END673 in it since the oil filter it takes is a NAPA #1554 right at 9 3/4 in. tall, with a LuberFiner

500 canister. So I think that engine is 170HP and 480 lb/ft torque.

Edited by Srays