Who I Be

convoyduel

Hey kids. I've spent a few hours on the site from time to time and finally registered. I know some of you, but look forward to meeting more of you as time allows.

We own the surviving Peterbilt and tanker from Duel and have the replica of the RS700L used in Convoy. If you're ever in St. Louis, stop in and say hello.

Dan Bruno

www.stlouisdumptrucks.com

Welcome to BMT!! Glad to have ya aboard! We'd love to see some more pics of the Duel Truck and your Rubber Duck Replica!! I read an online article about the Duel Truck but I can't find it now...any links would be cool too!

Enjoy...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hi, and welcome.

I noticed the 351 pete you have from the duel movie, The first time I seen that movie I wasn't to old and scared the crap out of me! maybe thats why I collect Macks now. :D I thought that truck was in California somewhere?? anyway thats a neat old truck, I would like to look it over some day. What kind of drive line does it have? You and Trent sould get along just fine, his truck looks alot like the rubber duck.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

• 2 years later...
We own the surviving Peterbilt and tanker from Duel and have the replica of the RS700L used in Convoy. If you're ever in St. Louis, stop in and say hello.

Dan Bruno

www.stlouisdumptrucks.com

Hi Dan. Last night I again watched Duel. Great movie. I noticed that the truck has about 6 registration plates on the front bumper. Is this normal in the States?

Regards from DownUnder, Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Hi Dan. Last night I again watched Duel. Great movie. I noticed that the truck has about 6 registration plates on the front bumper. Is this normal in the States?

Regards from DownUnder, Rod.

Waaaaay back in the past they were normal. I don't know if they were for running in those states or for tax purpose. But after the plates came individual state fuel tax stickers. Wasn't uncommon to see trucks with dozens of stickers all over the truck. Now we have a single IFTA sticker and you calculate the mileage of your truck and fuel bought and you pay a single bill that gets divided up to the states.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!