2000 Mack rd e7 300 hp how to increase power

Moparmike

Ok guys I thought my truck was 350 but it's 300hp can a computer program change ..its a quad axle dump I just got day before thanksgiving..350 or 400 would be great..my other e7 is 400 8ll pulls like a train..this truck pulls ok but it's working a little hard at 71000lbs

20171123_100232.jpg

4 hours ago, Mackpro said:

What's the model and last 6 of vin and I can tell you what can be done with just a down load from a dealer. 

What trany do you have ?You may want to stay where your at  depending if you have maxidyne or not! if do not have a 13 sp or better moving to 350 / 400 may hinder your situation! Just A thought

1 hour ago, fjh said:

What trany do you have ?You may want to stay where your at  depending if you have maxidyne or not! if do not have a 13 sp or better moving to 350 / 400 may hinder your situation! Just A thought

Very true fjh! If he has a EM-7 300 with 1425 torque( has cam gear straight key way)  he might be better to stay where he's at.  Plus it looks like to go to 400HP with 1460 torque he would have to change the turbo plus download.  If he has the regular E-7 300 HP with 1160 torque ( has cam gear key way offset left)  then to go any higher you gotta pull the cam and install straight  cam key way, but the  turbo and injectors would be the same to the 400 HP level.  On either engine to get over 400HP you would need turbo  and injectors and off set right  cam gear  keyway .  And of course downloads for all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to look, but I just pulled it up and yes you have a EM7-300.  Your Model number is a RD690S  last of VIN 031609.  So the cheapest you could do is a turbo change and download and get gain a little torque and a 100 HP. However, I would have your dealer contact Mack and see what Mack will do being its a Allison trans. When it comes to vendor trans they dont like to bump them sometimes.