Dumb ?

66rmack

So I am working on the air system on my superliner. Looking at generic air diagrams. All of them are showing a "wet tank" and a primary and secondary tank. So three air tanks total. Mine only seems to have the primary and secondary. No wet tank. So my question is, is my truck just pre these diagrams? Should I put a wet tank in it to try and keep water out of the system? It's a 1989.

quite often the secondary is a dual tank, the wet section is inboard.... or not..!!! giveaway is two drains underneath..

follow the hoses from the compressor, through the dryer if you have one, and see which tank it enters.

if you don't have a wet tank, and no dryer, then yes put one in.... most diagrams are somewhat generic so your truck doesn't always look like the drawing

I suspect you do have one

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack

1 hour ago, BC Mack said:

quite often the secondary is a dual tank, the wet section is inboard.... or not..!!! giveaway is two drains underneath..

follow the hoses from the compressor, through the dryer if you have one, and see which tank it enters.

if you don't have a wet tank, and no dryer, then yes put one in.... most diagrams are somewhat generic so your truck doesn't always look like the drawing

I suspect you do have one

BC Mack

Ok that makes sense the passanger tank has two drains. Thank you for the great information. I am slowly learning.