Sell or scrap: 1959 Mack B95F

RCGadsby

I have previously posted this truck for sale, but now finding a new home for it has become urgent.  I have been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the liver and kidney and can no longer deal with it.  My asking price is $2450 as-is where-is, and it may end up at the junk yard if there is no interest. 

For anyone who is interested about 28000 original miles plus pump hours. Gasoline engine; 707 ci Thermodyne and 5 speed transmission. Runs well; excellent mechanical condition and has had regular oil changes. Tires are very good (duals on rear). Pump is a Hale 1000 gpm with a 1000 gallon tank and rear dump gate. Three sections of suction hose and a few hundred feet of 2 1/2 inch. Good bones for restoration, and I have copies of the original build specs and operator manual which I will include. Paint is fair to poor but no major rust/cancer spots. Stored under shelter until last fall.

Started life with the Huntington Manor FD on Long Island NY, retired to the Grafton FD in Vermont, where I acquired it in 1994. Trucked it home to Montana, where I leased it out for wildfire water tender with USFS one year. I've retired to northern Idaho and drove it over the hill to the Coeur d'Alene area in 2012. Speedometer cable broke enroute, but I have a replacement I have not yet installed. Can't afford storage any longer and would like to see it go to a good home. Breaks my heart to part with her, but that time comes for all of us...

Contact me for details at 208-635-5568 or via email at wildfire_idaho@att.net.

Regards,

Bob Gadsby

Mack B95F_logo.png

So sorry to hear you have cancer. I hope you find a good home for it. My wife can't see the value in us having our own fire truck 😁 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I sent the info to the Huntington Manor F.D. Chief and membership.    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE