Vmack 3 will not hold memory

reapermp

Question

I have a 2004 MR that has a 5-1 blink code fmi 13 out of calibration. I have calibrated it manually and with 2 different laptops.The calibration is fine until you turn off the key, then you have to recalibrate because the rpms are limited to 1400. I have tried going into the truck using may vmack software, no matter what I do weather it is set the clock or turn off the idle shut down I press save and exit, cycle the key , go back in and everything has went back to what it was before I changed it. Engine and vehicle computers replaced with new still same problem.

DON'T FEAR THE REAPERMP

4 answers to this question

I this it's called " Customer Defined Software " . We have run into some ABF freight trucks that all the parameters were burned into the ECM's. My buddy bought a ABF 2002 CX  and when I went to raise the road speed, it kept going back to 55mph. We finally callled the tech support guys and found out about "Customer Defined Software ". We had to do a total reflash of both of ECM's and this solved the issue! 

Went to the Mack dealer with the Truck and found out that the Vehicle computer had never been programmed (people before me long story) but they programmed it and memory works along with Speedo and EML  is off.

DON'T FEAR THE REAPERMP