E7 shutting off randomly

Jbush_51

On 7/20/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jbush_51 said:

Will do.  It's in its phase of running fine at the moment but I'm sure it will start acting up in a couple weeks.

I got the same issue. 07 granite mp7 shuts off out of nowhere. Switch key off and reset cranks right up. Sometimes take a minute. I hear the turbo make a noise when it's ready to fire up. Mack told me it was the engine brake valve and I didn't believe but changed that and the engine harness anyway. No luck still shuts off. Now I'm just dealing with it. I'm thinking egr but I'm no mechanic.

Has any thing been done to the cam and flywheel sensors.? arent they both at the rear and have the same plug? what codes do you have? I assume fluids are up...  I wish I was more fluent in Swedish, Jojo

• 2 months later...

Intermittent or random shutdown. U’re wasting money on changing parts like accessory relay or fuel solenoid, clutch fan assembly. This is where the problem is at. Go to the drivers side firewall, above the foot brake valve there are two wire harness. That supply power to all these parts. Remove the coupler and check the pins for good connections and corrosion. Inspect the backs of the couplers. This will solve u’re issue. 

Teddd

Just asking because its been a while since I fixed a volvo/mp,  engine,  Is that the  short harness for the oil pan sensors, or was it the whole harness that goes behind the engine with the cam sensor plugs that can be mixed up because they are the same?  I'm rusty, I have only done about 5, MP harness' and it's been 4 years since the last one, on an MP-7 that i pulled out to do major work too. .just like to know in case I need to help someone who may call on my services..... thanks, jojo

• 3 weeks later...

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL ON ALL BATTERIES BEFORE DOING THIS.

I had the same problem today. it was the connection at the Cab computer behind the metal plate under the HVAC fan and ductwork. cleaned the male and female connection with battery cleaner and a wire brush, put a slight bend on each male connection. Back Trucking.

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL ON ALL BATTERIES BEFORE DOING THIS.

• 1 month later...

After looking into some of my wire looms and the understanding that it was shutting off fuel, mine was a leaking oil pressure sensor. Once the oil got warm and flowing it would leak faster out of the oil pressure sensor plug/connection

Edited by Burke2020
more info

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,  I need a little bit of help 

I have a 2013 Mack pinnacle with mp8 engine, trucks was running fine I had a dpf deleted 3 weeks ago and now the truck start  shutdown on my while it’s driving RPM get down to idle and gas pedal will not respond turn the keyswitch off and it don’t kill the engine, it remain in idle until the truck is completed parked and speedometer reached “0” and engine shutdown it self 

turn the keep off and on and truck work fine for 15 o 20 minutes and same problem happen again 

I disconnected speed sensor when for a run and it just completed shutdown the engine on my since speedometer was on “0” all the time,  reset the keys and y runs fine agains  

Only code on Ecm 

Mid 140, ppid 278 fmi 9

mid 144 psid 40 fmi 4 

One time it show 

mid 144 psid 230 fmi 5 

Edited by Ima

25 minutes ago, Ima said:

I had seen few Mack with deleted and they worked fine  even better than before 

I guess you weren’t one of the lucky ones…eventually something goes very wrong with them. 

Edited by Onyx610

• 1 month later...

I have a 2006 CV 713 dump truck with AMI 370 engine. When on a rough road it will shut down everything. I can cut the key switch off and it will crank right back up and going. It gives a 9-2 code, which is power reset without key switch. It started about a year ago occasional. Now it is occurring several times a day. I have checked the grounds from the starter to engine block and to frame rail. What is the next step?

there are grounds behind the cluster to the left, and next to the fuse panel on the right side, there is also a ground breaker on the fire wall next to the starter relay, it is black and just has ground wires on it.. The accessory relay in this model should be a square relay in the right fuse panel..  I cant remember the number..  jojo

• Like 2