E7 shutting off randomly

On 7/20/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jbush_51 said:

Will do.  It's in its phase of running fine at the moment but I'm sure it will start acting up in a couple weeks.

I got the same issue. 07 granite mp7 shuts off out of nowhere. Switch key off and reset cranks right up. Sometimes take a minute. I hear the turbo make a noise when it's ready to fire up. Mack told me it was the engine brake valve and I didn't believe but changed that and the engine harness anyway. No luck still shuts off. Now I'm just dealing with it. I'm thinking egr but I'm no mechanic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a similar problem on an etech truck. It turned out to be the main relay on the firewall. It is a large solenoid beside the wiper motor that powers the cab accessories including the computers.

Not dumb, your just not from the land of Youbetcha. Dying, shutting off, particularly at an idle. I had one customer, with V-Mac II rack travel issues, who juiced his tanks with lubricating

Could you please let me know if it works? I hate Hitchcock endings. 

Posted Images

Has any thing been done to the cam and flywheel sensors.? arent they both at the rear and have the same plug? what codes do you have? I assume fluids are up...  I wish I was more fluent in Swedish, Jojo