Newby

castaway114

Morning folks,

After having been out of trucking for a number of years, I have recently purchased a little cm422 with a dump box to  work around my hobby farm along with a pc 50 Komatsu, a nice pairing indeed. I am so happy I didn't throw out all my red and amber grote lights as my wife encouraged me to do, when cleaning out my shop years ago, it pays to hoard sometimes.

As I mentioned, at one time I was an owner/operator and have had a number of trucks, including a 500 powered superliner and an ultraliner. I very much like Kenworth products too and have owned a k100 with a 3406 pre-cup, a cat powered t600 and later another cat powered t800, all very good units for me.

I just drove this little cm422 approximately 300 miles to get it home and having more or less purchased it sight unseen, I really didn't know what to expect but it ran beautifully and gave me no headaches, I'm pleased with my new addition.

Any chance someone knows where I might find an owners manual or even better, a proper repair/parts manual for this little guy? It's a 1988.

Thanks

Glenn

WELCOME!!!!

can't help on the manuals that you are looking for

taking a cruise in a month and one stop is Vancouver. Anything special to do near the port?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

2 hours ago, hatcity said:

taking a cruise in a month and one stop is Vancouver. Anything special to do near the port?

BIG tourist city, if that's what you like.... bus tours, shopping, Stanley Park, mountains to climb.... depends on how much time you have... oh, and bring MONEY, not the cheapest place on the planet..!!!!  gas hit 1.42cdn a litre this week.. about $4us per usgal!!!

BC Mack

• Like 1

6 hours ago, castaway114 said:

Morning folks,

After having been out of trucking for a number of years, I have recently purchased a little cm422 with a dump box to  work around my hobby farm along with a pc 50 Komatsu, a nice pairing indeed. I am so happy I didn't throw out all my red and amber grote lights as my wife encouraged me to do, when cleaning out my shop years ago, it pays to hoard sometimes.

As I mentioned, at one time I was an owner/operator and have had a number of trucks, including a 500 powered superliner and an ultraliner. I very much like Kenworth products too and have owned a k100 with a 3406 pre-cup, a cat powered t600 and later another cat powered t800, all very good units for me.

I just drove this little cm422 approximately 300 miles to get it home and having more or less purchased it sight unseen, I really didn't know what to expect but it ran beautifully and gave me no headaches, I'm pleased with my new addition.

Any chance someone knows where I might find an owners manual or even better, a proper repair/parts manual for this little guy? It's a 1988.

Thanks

Glenn

welcome to the madness....

if you are ever over on the mainland, I have my E9-500 Ultraliner up in Squamish, it came from the Island, Buursma Contracting....

BC Mack

I do know that truck BC Mack, used to see it at the ferries and running up and down the island all the time, I hope it does you well.

So true Jim about the power, the 500's were incredible, motor mount bolts were as frequent an event as oil changes. But running this little cm down from cache creek the other day without any weight, I never needed to downshift on any of the hills, even the cut in north van on the way to the ferry, right lane, just scooted right up, staying with traffic all the way.

Glenn