1999 rd688 E7 350 miss fire when pulling

chana1634

I had a fuel line, leaking #2 I first remove line, and put sealant tape, but I notice that fuel was getting in engine, when and got new line and install, new line that fix that problem, but I notice that when I start engine it kinds to has hard start, and some white smoke like when I install the new line and air got to the system, after engine runs, It clears up, but when getting to normal temp, and I'm loaded the engine has a miss, and I feel some power lost, now I check injector and #2 is little cold than #1, but not by much, now I turn engine off and let it cool for 3o minutes, and start again and it don't start smooth, it start a little rough, like in the morning but less,  I wonder if the transfer pump is going bad, or any body has any idea, I thanks you all for your help.

Sorry , I meant to post this in another place instead of here! Lol. Speaking of Mack/Volvo corporate. I spent most of last week fighting with them over specing out my good friends new GU. They finally did come out and say why the customer can't have it the way he wants it but it was like pulling teeth. Long story short , Mack makes a 505A just for Allison trans. We try to order it in a GU , . It gets denied. Come to find out the GU's radiator is to small to support the 505 and a Allison with the big heat exchanger on the back of it. However if your in Canada or Alaska you can order it. You can get the combo in a CHU but they wouldn't let us get a steer axle bigger than 12.5k. Customer was not happy however he order one any way that matches his 2016 GU 455/Allison except the new one will have the common rail motor. So far the common rail engines that we have sold have not returned with any issues, were keeping our fingers crossed. My friend has 2 CV's and this GU. Keeps them pretty clean. I spent a few days tinkering on it with some part upgrades and adjustments. 

IMG_7080.JPG

Edited by Mackpro

4 minutes ago, fjh said:

That's pretty unit MP

Hope your right about the C Rail would be a nice change ! Would be nice to have a somewhat  Trouble free engine , There's more than enough to do just with after treatment crap!

lol didn't mean to post this in this thread! 

11 hours ago, chana1634 said:

I had a fuel line, leaking #2 I first remove line, and put sealant tape, but I notice that fuel was getting in engine, when and got new line and install, new line that fix that problem, but I notice that when I start engine it kinds to has hard start, and some white smoke like when I install the new line and air got to the system, after engine runs, It clears up, but when getting to normal temp, and I'm loaded the engine has a miss, and I feel some power lost, now I check injector and #2 is little cold than #1, but not by much, now I turn engine off and let it cool for 3o minutes, and start again and it don't start smooth, it start a little rough, like in the morning but less,  I wonder if the transfer pump is going bad, or any body has any idea, I thanks you all for your help.

I think MP was looking at the wrong post when he wrote the above !

It is possible that your transfer pump may cause this symptom ! How ever sounds like an injector issue to me!

On 1998 to 2001 ETECHs , if fuel is coming out the head at the injector lines , then the o-rings on the injectors are leaking and return fuel is coming out around the injector line.  If the fuel supply pump is the original then I'd replace it. Low fuel pressure can cause some crazy engine misses that can jump from cylinder to cylinder 

hey guys, well I when and took the time to remove the injector, and found that the O-rings, were blown out, bad, and the same time took injector to get tested, and found this injector got damage, my guess is that some Teflon tape got in the injector and plug the injector, got a new one and install, engine run, good, so never install Teflon tape on a leaking fuel line, just replace the line and remove the the injector to check O-rings, at the same time get it tested. I thank all of you  for your tips, sure help a lot,

IMG-20170209-WA0024[1].jpeg

IMG-20170209-WA0026[1].jpeg