AC 460 broken rocker arm

bubbamobilin

2004 Vision with an AC 460 came into my shop about a week ago with a broken rocker arm on the #5 exhaust valve.  Replaced rocker and adjusted valve because the whole top end was out of adjustment.  

Now it's with another broken rocker.  I'm betting #5 exhaust.  This truck is equipped with a Jacobs engine brake.  It is also not the original engine.  Original engine threw a rod on #5.  After discussion with my Mack dealer we think this engine was equipped with a Power Leash instead of Jacobs. 

We are trying to cross reference some numbers.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

5 hours ago, bubbamobilin said:

2004 Vision with an AC 460 came into my shop about a week ago with a broken rocker arm on the #5 exhaust valve.  Replaced rocker and adjusted valve because the whole top end was out of adjustment.  

Now it's with another broken rocker.  I'm betting #5 exhaust.  This truck is equipped with a Jacobs engine brake.  It is also not the original engine.  Original engine threw a rod on #5.  After discussion with my Mack dealer we think this engine was equipped with a Power Leash instead of Jacobs. 

We are trying to cross reference some numbers.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

You might be onto something, I have a chart at work with all the camshaft part numbers for the ASET engines. I know the powerleash has its own camshaft . However I don't know if it is compatible with the Jacobs brake

• Like 1