EM6-300L Won't idle

57 bcr

My '88 R's engine won't  idle unless the throttle  is pulled out. Push it back in,and it stops. It has an AMBAC pump on it. Governor  issue? Thanks in advance (no pun intended).     Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 years later...

Okay, it's only been 4 years since I posted this problem! Thought I'd let the BMT community know what fixed my situation. Thank you fjh for your suggestion on adjusting the idle screw. There was not much adjustment left on the screw,and it was frozen bad. Found another idle screw/locknut from a donor engine. Worked well enough to give me the required idle speed! That problem solved! Had another problem on losing prime,if not starting the truck in 4-5 days. A veteran MACK wrench,said right off the bat "overflow valve on the pump". Sure enough  took it apart. The spring was broken! Replaced it. Now it starts in a couple revs,after being parked for weeks! Beautiful! Hope this helps at least 1 more MACK owner out there. Thanks to all of you guys for your suggestions. Much appreciated!  Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA