E6 350 4-valve

micked

all the time only the volume varies ,less under full load, more at idle and part throttle. delivery is normally  at the back end of the pump, overflow valve at the front ,so you don't end up with air being trapped in the fuel gallery ,if you to see how much heat is generated in the fuel system do a long hard pull loaded ,pull up and check the temperature with your hand on the rear end of the fuel tank you will be supprised how hot it gets "hot fuel =less horsepower". waiting for the start of Bathurst at the moment ,i'll get back to you

thanks steve your info is great. i missed the start of bathurst but caught the last fifteen laps ,that was a cracker. anyway still workin on truck got ready for yearly inspection and thought it was gunna pull up on me going thrugh the Harbour tunnel but made it to the pits on time and got passed for another year and then chugged off home again. now still to diagnose problem. a mate has another supply pump so am going to put that on and see if that makes any difference.

6 hours ago, micked said:

thanks steve your info is great. i missed the start of bathurst but caught the last fifteen laps ,that was a cracker. anyway still workin on truck got ready for yearly inspection and thought it was gunna pull up on me going thrugh the Harbour tunnel but made it to the pits on time and got passed for another year and then chugged off home again. now still to diagnose problem. a mate has another supply pump so am going to put that on and see if that makes any difference.

Make sure you compare the plunger roller there are to diffrent widths narrow and wide wide will work on both narrow only on narrow 

NO ,as FJH said there two types of pumps not just the width the narrower roller is actually smaller in rolling diameter too .use the genuine ambac or bosch valves as the pai valves are smaller in diameter and they will cock sideways in the bore ,that's if you decide to put a kit through the lift pump. might pay to check the valves in the lift pump that is on the engine now as they will cause a loss of power if are not sealing properly .give us a call after 6pm bris time 0423524565    steve

thanks fjh and steve p, checked the rollers they were all the same. the supply pump i put came of another working pump so i put that one on today and still all the same symptoms. i also plumbed up a clear line on the return side and the delivery to the primary filter at the same time. the result was no air on the delivery and supply side but air on the return. when reving engine you can see air in the return. i will give you a call steve after 6 est. and once again thanks for all the help.

ok  changed governor today and still the same. not to hard a job while pump still on truck, just one bolt at the bottom a bit tedious. went for a test drive and throttle jammed on about half and couldn't get to shut down. problem was switch for dynatard screwed too far in and fouled up inside governor, another lesson learnt. starting to lean towards injectors. i think maybe send pump and injectors off and get serviced and macthed up?

i put another pump on that i have and it made no difference steve. do you think if it was the pump some sort of change would show. the old pump i put on is turned up slightly and blows a bit more soot. still missing through all revs on taco not just at 1600.

mate I feel for you ,nothing worse going around in circles and not getting any result, how does it go with the other pump on it? [I know it still has a miss ],besides that. does it pull alright? .next thing is to pull the exhaust manifold off and check to see which port is wet ,being wet will indicate poor combustion i.e. broken rings or riding valve/s or valve seat. 1 question for you have you ever tried starting the engine with aero start? that shit will break piston rings in a heart beat .

had to float two machines yesterday not too far from home and it just runs rougher the more you drive it as it gets hotter. is lagging on the pull as that mis really kicks in down low. took off air intake at manifold and had a listen doesn,t seem any unusual noises in there and put temp reader on exhaust manifold at each cylinder and that seems ok. havent used start ya bastard as this truck has always started with a quick turn on the key and still does. only 120,000 on outa chassis rebuild. i think i realy should take that front cover off and check timing. and do a compression test.