truck wont start

candygebs

Hi everyone, am new here please i need help. My truck suddenly started bringing out white smoke from the exhaust, then it started shooting fire from the exhaust then quenched and has refused to start. We tried hard to start it, it revolves very well but refused to start even when we snuffed it with petrol, i got a mechanic who opened the engine and told me the rings, metals and main bearing was bad and needs to be changed. We changed all these, serviced the injector and noozle, set the timing very well yet engine has refused to start, it revolves very well, does as if it will start when you add petrol once the vaporof the petrol vanishes it keeps revolving. Help as this is my only source of income and this problem is 4 weeks old the mechanics have ran out of ideas.

Is that a 2 valve or 4 valve engine, did you have the injection pump off?  Is it a Robert bosch pump or a American bosch {United techonolgy} pump.  If pump has been off it could be out 180 degree out on the wrong stroke.  Also make sure valves have been adjusted on the right stroke.

• Like 1

I have smoke coming off the exhaust when u crank it, the timing has been checked, it jumped and was set, yet it didnt turn up. About the pump i dont know the make, am a newbie in truck little knowledge, i just watch these mechanics when they work

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who showed concern, finally got the engine started, the injector was not supplying fuel, they had to change shuold i call it injector head, this thing you turn with spanner to check if the injector is supplying fuel. Thanks.

The new problem i have now is, yesterday the exhaust brings out huge white smoke, the truck cant run well, when on high gear, and you match the pedal to the floor, the truck wont just move fast, it moves like its on low gear

recheck valve adjustment.  About 25 years ago a guy called me and said he just rebuilt his E6300 engine and could not get it running.  While the heads off they removed the fuel pump and put the side pan gaskets on.  They pulled the truck up the road with a chain for a mile or two and it would not start but had white smoke.  I went  there and ck the timming and it was timed about 25 degree fast.  Pulled the pump and they had missed the pin on the fiber gear by 2 notches.  If right the pump will go on flush to the block.  They said they use the bolt to pull the pump to block.  We re timed the pump to motor and it cranked right up, but the motor had a lot of blow by and puffing real bad with the oil cap off.  Pull the heads off and all 6 pistons were melted off. It had done that without the motor running while they were pulling it.  Ck your valves but also make sure the timing is set right.

• Like 1