Chrome Hubcaps

Been looking at a pair of chrome hubcaps for my B-Model single axle at my local Pilot Truck Center. All of the foreign caps are what looks like just thrown into a pile but, kindly separated. I was wondering how these are mounted? Have looked for mounting hardware but, have not spotted them inside of any of their bins. Was in Kentucky recently and the Pilot Truck Centers there was the same set-up. No hardware to be found. If I remember correctly the hubs are eight and three-quarter inches in diameter.

Thank You

mike :mack1:

Sorry about that Guys. I should be more specific. Its the rear axle hubs.

mike

They typically just snap over the outer edge of the axle flange and are retained by the force fitting. They also bend easily when they are removed with a pry bar.

Don't be surprised if they are rusting after about a year or even shorter. The plating is less than second rate most times.

I purchased stainless for my trucks and then had them polished by a plater. They look nice but haven't been exposed to any elements except for dog piss one time, (to which I neutered the dog), (imagine that). He became "road kill" shortly afterward.

If your truck is outside a lot, spend the extra money for stainless would be my advice.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

You should have invited us up for the BBQ. I had the same problem with cats. Woke up by 15 cats in my yard, under the carport, on top of my prize vehicle. Grabbed my .357, went outside in the buff, took aim, fired, sounded like a cannon going off. And lo and behold missed the cat but it reminded me of a Tom and Jerry cartoon. The cats looked as if they were headed in all directions in a frozen moment, then took off like a flash.

Thanks for the info.

mike :P

Been looking at a pair of chrome hubcaps for my B-Model single axle at my local Pilot Truck Center. All of the foreign caps are what looks like just thrown into a pile but, kindly separated. I was wondering how these are mounted? Have looked for mounting hardware but, have not spotted them inside of any of their bins. Was in Kentucky recently and the Pilot Truck Centers there was the same set-up. No hardware to be found. If I remember correctly the hubs are eight and three-quarter inches in diameter.

Thank You

mike :mack1:

On my R model i turned the axle nuts all straight with the axle and popped the hubcaps on they havent fell off yet.