E9 V8 liner oring TSB

fjh

We are rebuilding our show dog it packed up a rod bearing and I need to find the Liner oring TSB 

Anyone know where to find this document!

The liner o-rings changed by engine serial number Back in the day  And I want to be sure I'm using the correct o-rings  

Thanx

Fred

Ya I was hoping you would be able to find it gues they don't want us working on old stuff might put the new stuff to shame . Oh wait it already has!!

maybe  carbel2 will chime in best investigator on this site!

Edited by fjh

6 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Did you notice that the "Mack Electronic Information System"  section in dealer portal is missing? It had the old service bulletins in it. Its gone or they moved it on me.

This is a fine example of what irks me about Volvo.

If they truly respected and valued the customer, the Mack Service Bulletins, and Product Improvement Bulletins (PIDs) would be available for all to read.

We found it luckily  in one of our parts BOOKS!!!   The buffoon's have moved or removed as  Mackpro said ! I guess they dumped the E Literature on this subject deeming It unnecessary Rubbish  I suppose!!!! duno!?

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

So we finally got the engine tore down today and unfortunately the block is toast this engine has never been pulled down.

there were beads from the factory block cleaning process thru out the block number 5 and 6 the upper oring groove was totally gone haven't seen this in years used to see this back when you could still get warrenty for it.

40 year warrenty coverage do they offer this?  Probably not?! :rolleyes: We are now scrounging up another block we will se how this goes.

Oh well, if people are lucky enough to stumble onto this site, they will receive as much help as we can give them with our background and others of us guys who have been with the original company, and those who have dealt with the real product for years. They won't likely be totally stranded. Even if Volvo may have turned their back on them, we won't.

13 hours ago, fjh said:

We found it luckily  in one of our parts BOOKS!!!   The buffoon's have moved or removed as  Mackpro  said the E Literature on this subject deeming It unnecessary Rubbish  I suppose!!!!

E-media in dealer portal has only a few items on the E-9. I'm still trying to find the original Mack E literature site , hopefully buried some where in dealer portal and not deleted

Maybe we should bitch?  They spend the big bucks to be able to be a fricking dealer we need access to the good old stuff as well as  the not so great new stuff! But to quote KS  there trying to get rid of the Good old stuff  to  sell  ?? new stuff! I suppose ! ?