Swapping in a Allison automatic

I have a 2003 rd with a Eaton 8ll and 4:42 axle ratio

i am considering swapping in a Allison automatic, I know using the 4000 series would be very costly due to wiring and computers, any thoughts on using the HD750 ?

i know it's direct drive and I would have to change axle ratio to get any road speed, does the computer in my truck care what trans is used ? Or is it stand alone ?

how do I determine the grade ability of this combo ? I know there are many different torque converters available. I've read I should try for 60% grade ability.

DON'T EVEN GO THERE!

Big Bucks ! dont forget you have to Plumb the oil cooler as well as all the wiring and programing issues your going to have!

NOT a Smart move! Its likly doable But AT WHAT COST!

A lot of the later HD series were electronic, so maybe programming issues too. Best to just buy a truck with an Allison already factory installed, probably cheaper in the long run. If you can find an ex-Postal Service Mack with an Allison cheap you could swap the whole powertrain, but it might be a hassle making that powertrain from the 90s work with a newer Mack. To get any idea what all you need, might want to ask an Allison dealer what all would be required to retrofit an Allison to the truck.