Third weekend in a row I have driven my B61 to a ATHS function, total 1032 mi.  Temp 100 degree, dog house makes it hot.  I really respect the old timers that did that every day.

Question of the month.  How long is a 711 dipstick??   Cable on mine, like a speedometer cable, is unraveling.  Not sure of oil level.  THANKS  Richard

lol....ya i drove from 73-86 without air conditioning sucked wind especially around california desert towns.noticed nowdays even guys fixing up classic cars make damn sure they install AC no matter how original they try to keep them...lol. dont blame them:thumb:...bob

• Like 1

You must have a direct box?  I have single over triplex(and with old 4.62 gears it would run 65 at 2100 rpm).  With 4.10's now it will go 72 mph.  I've run it flat on the governor for lots of  years going 65 dragging my trailer.  The ol 673 didn't really care.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I did change it.  But the ol 673 ran on the governor for many years without any problems.  I drove it with my foot firmly planted on the floor, all day, every day at 2100 rpm.

It's strange now, how I just feather the throttle to run along at speed.  A little boost goes a LONG way.

• Like 1

Larry

Oh ok I wasn't sure what was going on there guess I missed the final postings ..... Nothing like that power baby lol....ya Alway heard same thing not to do that... my DM is the same way 55 is it with it floor boarded bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, they always say to leave some pedal, but hell, it wouldn't get anywhere if I did that.  I ain't got that much time to get to the races.

I might not have had it 100% on the floorboard, but likely 99.8% most of the time LOL!

• Like 1

Larry

Ya know what you mean I'm not sure what I'll wind up doing.... If I ever get the truck in ready condition for show I might try to put a brownie behind the triplex who knows finally ready to build my shop and not getting any younger. May just wind up enjoying in locally ....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk