2012 pinnacle mp8 won't communicate with scan tool

c-mac

I've got scr problems but when I connect my Vocom communication tool to the connector the engine light doesn't light on the Vocim doesn't light up, so I can't communicate with tech tool. I've checked fuses and hooked to another truck and it works fine. I've also looked at the pins in the data link connector and they look good. I've checked fuses. Any thoughts?

See if your actually pluggin into the com-port and not a jumper harness. Alot of truck are running Qualcoms and other data loggers that plug into the com-port then run their com-port to where the factory one is. You think you plugging into the factory one but your not. Some brands of these data loggers/Qualcoms cause funny issuses with the PTT/VCADS. Also we have a VOCOM unit here that only works with the round 9 pin adapter. For some reason it wont work with the newer trucks with the OBD square plug.

Thanks but all of our fleet are the same, no data loggers. I had just hooked up to the unit a few days ago and everything wS fine. Can't connect to the bendix program either. I thought it may have been my cord, but it works on other tractors

Have had a similar problem with several of our trucks. behind the instrument cluster on ours is a data cable to the driver timecard data communication unit that plugs in to a 9 pin connector that Y's of the diagnostic connector which seriously messes with the 1939 communication. Unplug the cable for that Y connector if you have one and see what happens. Doesn't hurt to check ohm resistance between the yellow and green wire at the diagnostic connector with the key off. Should be 60 ohms plus or minus a few

I found it! I had a helper check the fuses. It turned out being fuse fu10, comm conn radio fuse. It showed good with a test light but it blew hard and pushed the element againt the terminal at the top.