Pulling issue

Ok guys we switched the rearends on the truck now I can out pull other trucks up hold but once we hit the top they can catch back up and sometimes get passed me a bit. 91 ch e7 400 turned up a bit t2180 trans 3:58 rears tall 24.5 rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Kansas farmer said:

Ok guys we switched the rearends on the truck now I can out pull other trucks up hold but once we hit the top they can catch back up and sometimes get passed me a bit. 91 ch e7 400 turned up a bit t2180 trans 3:58 rears tall 24.5 rubber.

With 3.58 rears behind an 18, are you running in 17 or 18 with a load on?  It seems like with that tall of a setup, it may be lugging a bit. 

My setup is similar, same tall rubber and trans, but 4.42 rears.  17 is good on 2 lanes and under 60, 18 is highway gear, loaded or empty.  I need to be able to back up loaded, and creep across wilderness though too, so the 4.42 fit me well. 

I used to see a few trucks set up for !8th to be a fast and empty gear when I hauled grain.  A friend  had it in his pete, and I would run right with him until "flip" then it was over. :)

Sorry should have added some info. Pulling the ground load on interstate gross 60-65000 cruise set at 75-77 18th around 1650 rpm. Pulling 3/4 to mile grade usually drop to 17th seldom go to 16 unless there a hard wind.