On my 6th radiator since December

Tommy9

the screen under my oil cooler keeps getting clogged causing back pressure which blows the radiators .. I do not over heat I do not lose compression I do not blow any color smoke I do not have antifreeze in my oil 

I need help the Mack dealer can't figure it out 

First what year, model and engine are you asking about?

What is in the screen? That would be my first though to figure what is in the oil and if it is in the screen where else is it going or coming from? What type of hoses and how old are they? If this crap in in the pan what shape is your oil pump. What is your oil pressure? If it is causing back pressure to blow the tank it is restricting flow to the engine, not good at all...

Just a note some of us need glasses but you don't need bold print for us to read it.

Sounds to me by your description that you Are suffering from  compression getting into the cooling system! First thought would be low liner protrusion! the other thought is to much DCA testing the coolant and only adding it when needed is the solution if this is the case!

Some engines were built on low spec 19 to 23 thou    The ideal spec is 25 to 28 thou!

21 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

First what year, model and engine are you asking about?

What is in the screen? That would be my first though to figure what is in the oil and if it is in the screen where else is it going or coming from? What type of hoses and how old are they? If this crap in in the pan what shape is your oil pump. What is your oil pressure? If it is causing back pressure to blow the tank it is restricting flow to the engine, not good at all...

Just a note some of us need glasses but you don't need bold print for us to read it.

Sorry I didn't know it printed out on hold type 

oil pressure is around 200

the screen is inside the y shape hose coming out of the oil cooler 

which I replaced as well as the egr cooler .. Water pump .. Air compressor .. Thermostats 

10 hours ago, fjh said:

Sounds to me by your description that you Are suffering from  compression getting into the cooling system! First thought would be low liner protrusion! the other thought is to much DCA testing the coolant and only adding it when needed is the solution if this is the case!

Some engines were built on low spec 19 to 23 thou    The ideal spec is 25 to 28 thou!

So how would I have the low liner checked ?  

the heads have to come off

Sounds like you grasped every other straw

Also recently  we had to stuck injectors due to bad sleeves another possible source of compression in coolant

Edited by fjh

On 5/24/2016 at 9:13 AM, Tommy9 said:

the screen under my oil cooler keeps getting clogged causing back pressure which blows the radiators .. I do not over heat I do not lose compression I do not blow any color smoke I do not have antifreeze in my oil 

I need help.......the Mack dealer can't figure it out.

Assuming your Mack brand dealer actually "can't figure it out".............

When you called the Mack brand customer satisfaction at +1 (866) 298-6586 , what did they say?

I didn't know you could call someone .. Thanks for the info 

yes I believe my next step is to take the heads off ... 

Thanks everyone for the help 

I'll post a comment of what I found