Importing Truck from Canada

AZB755V8

I am interested in a truck and spare engine that is in Canada for a personal restoration project. In talking to a few Canadian that are here in AZ for the winter it is not as easy as it used to be. One of these guys normally brings down a few cars to sell at the AZ auctions that just ended. Only this year was turned back at the border because the cars need to be impounded for 30 days to check VIN, EPA and DOT certifications. I understand the rules changed January 2016. What do you guys know about importing from Canada? Does the vehicle need to set at the border in impound for 30 days? What about an engine does it need to set there as well?

I am interested in a truck and spare engine that is in Canada for a personal restoration project. In talking to a few Canadian that are here in AZ for the winter it is not as easy as it used to be. One of these guys normally brings down a few cars to sell at the AZ auctions that just ended. Only this year was turned back at the border because the cars need to be impounded for 30 days to check VIN, EPA and DOT certifications. I understand the rules changed January 2016. What do you guys know about importing from Canada? Does the vehicle need to set at the border in impound for 30 days? What about an engine does it need to set there as well?

fwiw i used to be involved in transporting vehicles in and out of canada if i were you i would go straight to the source for any information that you need to get your gear across. that used to be the most screwed up process to deal with any where . us had one set of rules -canada had another neither had a clear picture of what was going on . i would contact a border broker who handles this kind of stuff every day . explain to them what you are trying to do and proceed from there it will save a lot of headache cc

• Like 2

DITTO ^^^^^

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE