Mack mirrors….something interesting

About a year ago Ron (39 Baby Mack) made a very interesting post about the Bulldog on the hood not being symmetrical. I found it very interesting, and upon further investigation, I found the dogs on my 85,86 and 88 were all the same , not symmetrical.

This is the original thread

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/38273-gold-dog/page-2?hl=gold%20dog post # 22

To add to Ron's story, I was looking at some mirrors I took off my 1988. I was amazed to see the mirrors match the dog on the hood. The left mirror is the same as the left side. Right the same as right. The dogs are not the same.

This might help with the mystery as to why the dogs face forward.???

post-17364-0-44596600-1454966170_thumb.jpost-17364-0-41712400-1454966198_thumb.j

post-17364-0-55522300-1454966233_thumb.j

post-17364-0-63653000-1454966256_thumb.j

post-17364-0-62087500-1454966275_thumb.jpost-17364-0-53052700-1454966293_thumb.j

I bought 2 new mirrors recently and found that they have the exact same dog on both mirrors, just reversed.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Keith 

Keith

Very interesting, I should've of thought to look at that. But then again I should do a lot of things that I don't.

Glad you noticed this, it's very interesting that they went to all the trouble to change the half dogs to the newer style symmetrical dogs.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Keith

Actually if you look at the half dogs on the mirrors they were copied of the original dog. Big ears and pointed tail.

You know all of us on here have been staring at these dogs asses to long!

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't notice the tail and ears.

The more I learn about the little details that Mack used. The more I appreciate my period correct bulldogs.

Thanks for the info Ron.

Keith

Keith 

Still try to figure out was that a good or a bad thing but I already stood up and started checking out the dogs on the shelf.

Pleased generally.

The original one off the 1988 R-model is asymmetrical and with PAT#. But with short ears wich was expected.

The one I bought from ebay some while back is a decent shape long eared dog with a sharp tail.

And the almost new one I purchased from Barry has the late script and absolutely symmetric indeed.

Ordering it I wasn't learned about those newer improvements. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Keith, thank you for posting that and pulling out the original Ron's post.

I haven't read it before.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012