Shifter Top Plate:

Rob

I was looking at my TRDL1070 transmission top last evening in the "new" RL truck and the top is broken out of it. The shift handle swings wildly in the cab and will almost rotate instead of moving side to side. I've not been into it to gain access but looking under the cab from the rear I can see the shift tower is physically broken with a chunk missing.

Does anyone know if the shift tower bolts to the main top cover and if so will a standard five speed shift tower replace it?

One the subject of this transmission; How does one drive this? What is the correct way to split the gears?

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:mack1: Rob the TRDL 1070 is a overdrive tranny, there was also a TRDL107 which is a direct tranny,to use all the gears start out in 1st in the main box and direct in the back one, then shift to overdrive, then 2nd in the main and direct in the back one, then in to overdrive and so on up through the gears! And i am almost positive the top main cover on a 5 spd. will work on that tranny. the main cases are the same and i think the back one is too. just different gearing in the back box. Terry

Thanks guys. I got under the truck and scraped the case clean in the flat spot that has the number stamped into it. It is NOT an overdrive transmission but rather an TRDL107 and is plainly stamped.

The shifter in the cab has the overdrive markings, (H,D,N,R) but could have been changed out through the years I suppose.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.