B85 on e-bay

Mack58B42

Did you guys see this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cars-Trucks-Test-Category-Mack-Fire-Truck-/301840367907?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4647168123:g:i3oAAOSwwPhWixJF&item=301840367907

Spotted it on e-bay this morning (there's a post in the antique and classical section too), and my eyes about popped out of my head.

I'm going to see if it hits the reserve or someone does the 'buy it now', but I'm really tempted to sell my B42 and try to make an offer on it if it doesn't sell.....

I noticed that it's a gas motor, but the hood has a Thermodyne badge. Is that normal, or should I assume that the hood was replaced? The Thermodyne is just a diesel series, right?

Thermodyne is a gas engine, the Mack looks pretty clean ,some rust but will clean up .prime and paint areas,(my 54 'L'Itake a lot of time keeping the undercarriage clean and looking pretty.

my vote sell the ALF and get this Mack, If I had the room (and my wife wouldn't see it ) I'd be bidding .

Did you guys see this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cars-Trucks-Test-Category-Mack-Fire-Truck-/301840367907?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4647168123:g:i3oAAOSwwPhWixJF&item=301840367907

Spotted it on e-bay this morning (there's a post in the antique and classical section too), and my eyes about popped out of my head.

I'm going to see if it hits the reserve or someone does the 'buy it now', but I'm really tempted to sell my B42 and try to make an offer on it if it doesn't sell.....

I noticed that it's a gas motor, but the hood has a Thermodyne badge. Is that normal, or should I assume that the hood was replaced? The Thermodyne is just a diesel series, right?

thats just down the street from me

Thermodyne is a gas engine, the Mack looks pretty clean ,some rust but will clean up .prime and paint areas,(my 54 'L'Itake a lot of time keeping the undercarriage clean and looking pretty.

my vote sell the ALF and get this Mack, If I had the room (and my wife wouldn't see it ) I'd be bidding .

:-) If the ALF could net anything close to what this is worth, I'd do it! I'd have to sell both the ALF and my B42 to be able to pull this one off! And like you, space is an issue. Right now, I already have two trucks and only one garage.