95' CH 613 E7 350 7 mpg?

Was looking at a 95' 613 with an E7 350 in it. Truck has 22.5s 9 SPD tranny mack 4.17 rears, will be pulling flats are these trucks capable of 7 to 7.5 mpg? Will be second truck, have a t600 with C 15 accert , gets mid to upper 6s. I had a mack just like it some years back , think I was getting mid 6s?, it was kinda weak though.tired of emmision engines, like how simple old mack is , run pretty local anyways.

The truck is my dads truck, been sitting for a couple years, 850k miles, he'd sell it to me for 4k, if I could get over 7mpg I'd probably sell the T600, and run the mack, hate to in a way, but could sell T 6 and get out of debt, divorce has kinda squeezed me (she got the bigger half).

Edited by dexter860

You be hard pressed to beat (besides E6 R series combo) the reliability, fuel mileage and comfort of a CH with an E7PLN engine. I'm starting to wish we just refurbed all of those up to 1997 trucks we had. Even if you sink so money into paint and engine rebuild, you will get it all back 10 fold.

• Like 1

I can give you a bit of a comparison. We have a 6nz c15 and one one job we were doing coming home empty I would get 3km per litre.

My dads Mack with a e7, and 12sp and 4.17's got 3.5km per litre. It's about the only time the two trucks were loaded the same (empty, single trailer) and the Mack was far more economical.

Just our own experience...

• Like 1