Clariben Hood

Any body know of any available for a B-61? I gather they were not a big seller for MACKs

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I have 2 of them,Paul. 1 NOS,1 used. Celli Trucking Co. of Schiller Park,Ill.,was probably the biggest user of them that I know of. I think there was a few pics of them in the thread I started on Celli a while back. Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think the Claribens would have been FAR more popular if they had a factory look to them. This Google pic shows a one piece stock looking tilt hood, wonder if it was a "one off" example? Pic credit-Brian Dhamer

I've seen that style before and was told they were made for a specific company.

I have 2 of them,Paul. 1 NOS,1 used. Celli Trucking Co. of Schiller Park,Ill.,was probably the biggest user of them that I know of. I think there was a few pics of them in the thread I started on Celli a while back. Al

I really want to get one for my Mixer restore, mainly because Prefered that was in Oyster Bay had 6 B model Mixers with them. Kind of building my childhood memories up. Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The one in Brian Dhamer's pic was custom built by a local guy that made just a few of them. Most just had a blank headlight panel(not recessed like Bill Schuldt's B-53 pictured) that would accept most flush mount headlight buckets and a trim ring (B-80 style). Clariben made several styles including ones for B-70 series (both L & Flagship cabs),LT,LJ/LF,Diamond Reo/Diamond T,Autocar,and Peterbilt. Doug Maney posted a copy of the original brochure in the Wiki section of this very website. They may have not been pretty,but they were practical for the fleet owner and the O/O,for the "ease of maintenance" feature. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The one in Brian Dhamer's pic was custom built by a local guy that made just a few of them. Most just had a blank headlight panel(not recessed like Bill Schuldt's B-53 pictured) that would accept most flush mount headlight buckets and a trim ring (B-80 style). Clariben made several styles including ones for B-70 series (both L & Flagship cabs),LT,LJ/LF,Diamond Reo/Diamond T,Autocar,and Peterbilt. Doug Maney posted a copy of the original brochure in the Wiki section of this very website. They may have not been pretty,but they were practical for the fleet owner and the O/O,for the "ease of maintenance" feature. Al

That is an interesting ad in the Wiki. The Diamond REO hood I've seen a lot of and always thought they were factory.

Yours is the CI-61 hood?

I've got a lead on one in Gorham, Maine but it may be a B-70 series hood. Waiting for some photos.

P.T.CHESHIRE