Another Project:

Rob

I know this bunch likes photos so here are a few of a current project that is not mine:

I had this 53 IH R185 cab plastic media blasted to remove multiple layers of paint, then sandblasted in the seams, crevices, and pitted areas to remove shallow rust inside and out. There are absolutely no holes in this cab from rust, only small dents, and holes from ancillary lighting that was installed. I'm directed to remove the holes to go back to "as built" status. It really should be a nice piece when finished. The doors, hood, grille are in like condition. The only rust I've ran across is in the fenders. The bracing at the lower fronts and rears of both fenders has retained wheel splash, and rotted the bottoms through. This is an easy fix after forming new panels. I'll just cut to old off, and weld in new.

I'm concentrating on the cab this week so I'll keep focus on that.

Rob

A larger hammer will surely make it fit....

tbl_topleft.giftbl_spacer.gif Post Attachments tbl_topright.giftbl_spacer.gifjpg.pngIMG_0727_1.JPGjpg.pngIMG_0728_2.JPG jpg.pngIMG_0729_3.JPG jpg.pngIMG_0731_5.JPG tbl_spacer.giftbl_bottomleft.giftbl_spacer.giftbl_bottomright.gif

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know this bunch likes photos so here are a few of a current project that is not mine:

I had this 53 IH R185 cab plastic media blasted to remove multiple layers of paint, then sandblasted in the seams, crevices, and pitted areas to remove shallow rust inside and out. There are absolutely no holes in this cab from rust, only small dents, and holes from ancillary lighting that was installed. I'm directed to remove the holes to go back to "as built" status. It really should be a nice piece when finished. The doors, hood, grille are in like condition. The only rust I've ran across is in the fenders. The bracing at the lower fronts and rears of both fenders has retained wheel splash, and rotted the bottoms through. This is an easy fix after forming new panels. I'll just cut to old off, and weld in new.

I'm concentrating on the cab this week so I'll keep focus on that.

Rob

A larger hammer will surely make it fit....

tbl_topleft.giftbl_spacer.gif Post Attachments tbl_topright.giftbl_spacer.gifjpg.pngIMG_0727_1.JPGjpg.pngIMG_0728_2.JPG jpg.pngIMG_0729_3.JPG jpg.pngIMG_0731_5.JPG tbl_spacer.giftbl_bottomleft.giftbl_spacer.giftbl_bottomright.gif

Rob,

That cab looks like it is in really good shape, looking at it reminded me of riding in them as a boy, my dad had an oil delivery business and bought two Internationals, a 1958 R185 and 1959 R 185 and I used to help him pull the oil fill lines to house, it must have been a plan to keep me out of the house and out of mom's way, while she took care of the other 4 kids! Must be when I got bit by the truck bug.

My dad always said he wanted a Mack, but they were always just out of reach for a small company- so he had to settle for the International's, but they lasted about 15 years,not bad for a PA where we have a lot of roadsalt, snow and ice.

One time one of his drivers rolled one over in snow, My dad he called his local tow guy and they rolled it back over, and the only damage was the RH door, mirrors and turn signals needed to be replaced and was back on the road the next day.

Have fun with the new project!

Firemack

Rob,

That cab looks like it is in really good shape, looking at it reminded me of riding in them as a boy, my dad had an oil delivery business and bought two Internationals, a 1958 R185 and 1959 R 185 and I used to help him pull the oil fill lines to house, it must have been a plan to keep me out of the house and out of mom's way, while she took care of the other 4 kids! Must be when I got bit by the truck bug.

My dad always said he wanted a Mack, but they were always just out of reach for a small company- so he had to settle for the International's, but they lasted about 15 years,not bad for a PA where we have a lot of roadsalt, snow and ice.

One time one of his drivers rolled one over in snow, My dad he called his local tow guy and they rolled it back over, and the only damage was the RH door, mirrors and turn signals needed to be replaced and was back on the road the next day.

Have fun with the new project!

Firemack

Although a Mack B-61 is by far my favorite truck, (I grew up with them), an R-190 IH is my second choice. I have a 65 R-190 that I bought in October of 1985 that was a semi tractor, and I installed a Pitman crane onto myself. I rolled it onto it's driver's side two years ago when an outrigger sunk in soft dry dirt loading junk cars. I jumped clear and the door remaining open, was destroyed. I've got to replace it someday. I rolled the truck back over with my skid steer, let the oil settle, started it back up, then finished the job!

Mine was a Tennesee truck from around Memphis till I got it. I bought it there and pulled my mobile home back to Illinois, then decided to keep the truck because it ran so well. Always starts and does what I ask of it.

This IH actually belongs to guy in Indiana. He collects/restores IH farm tractors so this is a natural addition to his "fleet". I enjoy working on things that people plan to keep and use.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Although a Mack B-61 is by far my favorite truck, (I grew up with them), an R-190 IH is my second choice. I have a 65 R-190 that I bought in October of 1985 that was a semi tractor, and I installed a Pitman crane onto myself. I rolled it onto it's driver's side two years ago when an outrigger sunk in soft dry dirt loading junk cars. I jumped clear and the door remaining open, was destroyed. I've got to replace it someday. I rolled the truck back over with my skid steer, let the oil settle, started it back up, then finished the job!

Mine was a Tennesee truck from around Memphis till I got it. I bought it there and pulled my mobile home back to Illinois, then decided to keep the truck because it ran so well. Always starts and does what I ask of it.

This IH actually belongs to guy in Indiana. He collects/restores IH farm tractors so this is a natural addition to his "fleet". I enjoy working on things that people plan to keep and use.

Rob

old J.B.Hunt joke-"hello,dispatch? Uh...I can't see outa' my right mirror,and the right turn signal don't work"

"well how come?"

"cuz that's the side it's turned over on"

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.