Bulldogs Facing In, Or Out?

Ok guys, which way is the correct facing for bulldogs on mirrors, old logo mud flaps, etc? I've seen factory lit. that shows each way. I've also got an older Mack Trucks patch, bulldog facing left. Have seen them facing right too. Which is correct, or is there a correct?

Several years ago I got to see the official Mack directive on how the Mack Logo should be displayed. I don't remember that it specifically handed down the directive for the mirrors and mudflaps. It did however specify that the dog should always be facing a certain direction on print items, and gave exceptions and instructions when it was used in conjunction with other logos and such.

I will see if I can get my hands on a copy of the directive and post it for everyone to see.

My belief is that the mirror dogs should face toward the cab, left mirror facing forward, right mirror facing forward as the mirrors are angled for the driver to see rearward. The mudflap logos should face one another, I think the directive stated that when a left and right facing dog were used with one another they should faced each other.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I put the Bulldog mirrors on the mixer and I didn't know which way they were supposed to be facing either.I have mine facing out. Everything was fine until Jeff told me they were backwards,but I never did change them. I've seen pictures of lots of mirrors turned the same way as mine,but most are facing each other. I don't think you'll get in trouble either way they're facing,the main thing is that they're not upside down.

I watched an ATHS video a while ago and noticed that the late Dr. Bill Comcowich's were facing out on his W-71 too,so i'm gonna leave mine facing out unless the mirror police make me change 'em.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.